It’s been a while since I’ve shared some tips and resources I use on my blog, so I thought I decided I would dedicate this week’s post to just that!
- Tools for your Blog: Creative Market. I use this website for their Fonts, I LOVE them! They are really easy to install and are not expensive. They also have Themes, Graphics and Plug-ins. They have it all! By the way.. the font I use for my “XO ERIKA”at the bottom of my blog posts was bought from this site. I usually pay $8 per font, this one was $16 but I also used it for my business cards and pretty much everything else so it was worth it! Here’s the link if you want to check it out.
- Tracking your Social Media: Iconosquare. Some of you might have heard of this site before and yes its just as great as they say! You can use it to track your Instagram statistics. From your hashtags, the best times a day to post, your engagement, it basically gives you full control. It’s a great tool to use whether you needed it for personal reasons or business like creating your Media Kit. They have a 7-day free trial so I would recommend you check it out to see if it’s a right match for your needs.
- Improve your mind with Books: This is a great way to stay motivated! And you should never stop learning so I’m sharing some of the authors I love: –Malcolm Gladwell is my favourite right now! I read Outliers: The Story of Success and loved it. He talks about the pattern behind brilliant software billionaires, athletes, musicians and how their backgrounds, family and culture led them to be successful in each of their industries. After reading it I immediately bought The Tipping Point. Now this one talks about how some trends, ideas and social behaviours can sky-rocket and explains the reasons behind this sudden success. Both books are really helpful for anyone! But they have really helped me understand this Blogging/Fashion Industry. I highly recommend them! –Garance Doré brings you a candid view on her career as one of the first bloggers out there. In Love Style Life she shares stories on life, style and truth behind the fashion industry. It’s not a Pulitzer winning book by any means, it’s a fun book read. BUT what I truly loved about it her witty unapologetic style of writing. She is brutally honest, she’s not full of herself (like 90% of the books in this category are) and has truly impeccable style. A true gem in this industry. I read this book on my last vacation and fell in love with her journey.
- Links: Bitly I rely on this website all the time! If there is something I hate seeing is long endless links on profiles. And with Bitly you can easily shorten your links for any platform. They also provide measure and optimization services on your audience and marketing strategies. But I mostly use it for links.
- Engage with your Readers: ConvertKit . This is the only one I havent fully tried. But now that I’m thinking of jumping on email lists I am dying to put this website to work! I have done a lot of reasearch and this one seems to be the best fit. From what I’ve seen so far its pretty easy to use and holds the reputation for the best marketing service out there. But what really did it for me was that it was created by a Blogger for Bloggers.
I hope you found these helpful!
Thanks for reading,